Maryland League of Conservation Voters (Maryland LCV) and Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund (Maryland LCV Ed Fund) are hiring an experienced Operations Manager who is a self-starter, detail oriented team player who can support an effective working environment for an entire team. The Operations Manager works closely with the Executive Director, Staff, and the Board of Directors and has administrative, financial, and operations management responsibilities as follows.
- Maintain and work to continuously improve the internal systems, processes, controls, and policies;
- Coordinate with Executive Director & outside CPA to maintain bookkeeping systems, bank accounts, and financial records, including budgets;
- Process staff performance management, professional development records, and expense reports. Administer staff benefits package. Manage staff on-boarding and exit protocols;
- Coordinate with outside vendors to optimize information technology (IT) systems including computer hardware, software, and internet connectivity;
- Assist other staff with most efficient use of our Information Technology (IT) tools & workload balancing;
- Assist with legal compliance for Maryland LCV, LCVEF, and Political Action Committee including annual audits, 990 reports, and Board of Election reports;
- Assist with Staff & Board meeting scheduling and organization including collecting, preparing, and distributing meeting documents/presentations;
- Assist the Development team with data entry, gift acknowledgement process, and fundraising mailings and events;
- Assist the Executive Director with executive office functions;
- Oversee facilities management including landlord relationship, utilities, office supplies, and equipment, etc.
- 3+ years experience in operations management;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational/ time-management skills;
- Experience with bookkeeping, budgets, and preferably Quickbooks;
- Friendly, warm, and engaged demeanor on the phone and in person;
- Working knowledge of Google’s Workspace (formerly G Suite) products and database management. EveryAction software experience also a plus;
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter and problem-solver;
- Ability to work under periods of high intensity pressure and deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus;
- Cultural Competency: shares our commitment to increase racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrate justice and equity into the work we do and ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
Salary and Compensation: Competitive non-profit salary range depending on qualifications and experience. The salary is accompanied by a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, and a 401K plan with an employer match.
Position Requirements: This is a full-time position. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the organization is working from home. Outside of the pandemic the position is based in Annapolis. The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director. After business hours work may be required, although infrequent.
To Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and salary range to Kim Coble at email@example.com with Operations Manager in the subject line. Applications accepted until position is filled. Ideal start date is January, 2021.
Maryland LCV, a 501(c)(4) organization, advocates for sound conservation policies, educates and endorses candidates for public office, and holds elected officials responsible on issues including our air, land, water and public health. The Maryland LCV Education Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization that strengthens the environmental community by growing a base of conservation-minded voters across the state. Through outreach and education, the Education Fund builds grassroots field capacity for legislative advocacy and environmental issues. The Maryland LCV PAC is the organization that directly helps elect pro-conservation candidates.
Maryland LCV & Maryland LCV Ed Fund are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
Chispa Maryland Social Media Fellow
Chispa Maryland, a Latino-outreach program of Maryland League of Conservation Voters, is looking for a part-time (10-15 hours per week), temporary (3-months with the possibility of extension) paid Social Media Fellow. The Fellow will help develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more Chispa advocates.
Duties will include:
· Researching audience preferences and current social media trends;
· Suggesting creative approaches to reach target audiences;
· Creating engaging text, image, and video content;
· Designing social media posts tailored to target audiences and creating buzz around the upcoming election and timely environmental issues;
· Writing occasional blogs in support of key issues.
The Fellow will work closely with the Chispa Maryland director and other Maryland LCV staff.
Required skills include: fluency in Spanish and deep familiarity with Latino culture; experience with various relevant social media platforms; creativity; and strong writing and communications skills.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org