Climate Rally and Action Week Kickoff
February 22 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm| Free
Rally for Climate Solutions Now and a kickoff event for a week of action in the Maryland General Assembly.
Join the Climate Solutions Now coalition and organizations across Maryland for a Climate Action Week. We’ll get started with a #ClimateSolutionsNOW Rally and Kick-off event on February 22nd from 5pm to 6pm, and then have meetings with key legislators from February 22-25th.
Register here for the rally or lobby week or both and after you click the link, you will have an opportunity to choose which events work for you.
Here’s how to be a part of the effort to win big on climate action this session:
- Save the date for our #ClimateSolutionsNOW Rally and Kick Off Event on February 22nd from 5-6pm. You don’t want to miss this!
- Get ready to join lobby meetings with your legislators and neighbors from February 22-25th to discuss top climate priorities. Meetings are being scheduled now. Your District Captain will follow up with you by email to communicate the dates and times of your legislators’ meetings . (Meetings are estimated to last about 15 minutes and will mostly be scheduled in the evenings.)
- We will be hosting a special Climate Action Lobby Training event on 2/17 at 6pm for folks who want additional guidance on making their lobby meetings a success! Couldn’t make it? Reach out to Emily Frias for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is free! The rally event will have closed captioning. Please register to receive a link to the kick off event and to be included in future updates about the lobby week (check your spam filter if you don’t see it)!
Bill McKibben, national climate action leader and co-founder of 350.org
Climate Solutions Now Act speakers:
- Delegate Dana Stein
- Senator Paul Pinsky
- Delegate Tony Bridges
Transit Safety and Investment Act speaker:
- Senator Cory McCray
Public Service Commission Act speaker:
- Delegate Lorig Charkoudian
Representatives from Coalition member organizations:
- Henry Cole, Clean Air Prince George’s County
- Fr Richard Meadows Jr., Priest in charge of St. James Episcopal Church, westside and St. Michael and All Angels, Eastside
Sponsored by the Climate Solutions Now Coalition, Maryland League of Conservation Voters, CCAN Action Fund, Sierra Club- Maryland Chapter, Indivisible Howard County, Blue Water Baltimore, HoCo Climate Action, Mobtown Ballroom, Chesapeake Bay Foundation, Strong Future Maryland, and others.